- Therapath is licensed under CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments).
- The objective of the CLIA program is to ensure quality laboratory testing.
- In total, CLIA covers approximately 225,000 laboratory entities.
CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulates all laboratory testing (except research) performed on humans in the United States through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Therapath is CAP (College of American Pathologists) Accredited. The CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program is an internationally recognized program.
- The goal of the CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program is to improve patient safety by advancing the quality of pathology and laboratory services through education, standard setting, and ensuring laboratories meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- An accredited laboratory is one that is inspected by a private not-for-profit accrediting organization and the laboratory has met the highest standards of excellence.
U.S. - E.U. SAFE HARBOR
- The European Commission's Directive on Data Protection went into effect in October 1998, and prohibits the transfer of personal data to non-European Union ("EU") countries that do not meet the EU "adequacy" standard for privacy protection. In order to bridge these differences and provide a streamlined and cost-effective means for U.S. organizations to satisfy the Directive's "adequacy" requirement, the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission developed a "safe harbor" framework.
- A company applying for safe harbor certification has to undertake to comply with the seven safe harbor privacy principles (notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement).
- Therapath has been awarded use of the US- EU Safe Harbor mark
U.S. - SWISS SAFE HARBOR
- The U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, approved by Switzerland in 2009, certifies that U.S. organizations meet Swiss standards for privacy protection as mandated by the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP), which went into effect in 1993 and was modified in 2008.
- Therapath has been awarded use of the US- Swiss Safe Harbor Mark